The Record
Everything written, filmed and said about the sport

Media

2,365 items
gear19708training19021uspsa18079industry11960nationals8471history6528business6490idpa6119ipsc59453gun5835shooter profile4852rules4362steel challenge3838classifiers2365area match2035pcsl415magazine219
  • Jun 9, 2026
    That Shooting Show With Steve Anderson · Steve Anderson · 41 min
  • Jun 8, 2026
    IPSC
    SCIENTIFIC RESEARCH at the European Handgun Championship 2026IPSC is partnering with the National & Kapodistrian University of Athens to run a scientific study during EHC 2026.Researchers will measure and analyze shooter…
  • Jun 7, 2026
    Athlon Outdoors · Ballistic Staff
    Athlon Outdoors Exclusive Firearm Updates, Reviews & News
  • Jun 7, 2026
    Ballistic · Ballistic Staff
    For nearly a decade, the Beretta 92X Performance has earned its reputation on some of the toughest practical shooting stages in the world. Now, Beretta is ready for the next chapter. Advertisement — Continue Reading Belo…
  • Jun 4, 2026
    Hook & Barrel · Niki Morrison
    Champion shooter Jessie Harrison was always destined for greatness, just like her dad.
  • Jun 4, 2026
    USPSA · USPSA Headquarters
    Attention USPSA Clubs and Competitors, USPSA is launching the trial of the new “26 Series” classifiers, a set of five new classifier stages now available for clubs to set up and run. During the trial period, classifier a…
  • Jun 3, 2026
    The Armory Life · Peter Suciu
    In today’s article, Peter Suciu reviews the Ace VR shooting simulator from AceXR. This system puts a virtual shooting range in your home with the ability to train with real-world firearms like the Springfield Armory 1911…
  • Jun 2, 2026
    Formula Shooting · Formula Shooting · 15 min · 1,253 views
    The final day is here, and everything is on the line. In Episode 3, follow Grandmaster Mike Pan as he takes on the last stages of the 2026 Extreme Open Championship. With the pressure at its highest, every draw, transit…
  • Jun 1, 2026
    Alyssa Seymour · Alyssa Seymour · 19 min · 13,401 views
    I shot my first USPSA All Classifier Match and I was very disappointed in my performance and scores. After the match, I went back to the range and re-shot one of the classifiers to find out if I am a better shooter than…
  • May 30, 2026
    MOD · MOD · 0 min · 61 views
    “The principle of reinforcement, the subconscious moves you to do whatever the conscious mind is picturing. If you can control the picture, you can control the performance.” Lanny Bassham. Welcome to 2 Alpha Performanc…
  • May 28, 2026
    MOD · MOD · 0 min · 308 views
    “The principle of reinforcement, the subconscious moves you to do whatever the conscious mind is picturing. If you can control the picture, you can control the performance.” Lanny Bassham. Welcome to 2 Alpha Performanc…
  • May 27, 2026
    MOD · MOD · 7 min · 193 views
    The 30th Golden Bullet Championship was hosted at Sacramento Valley Shooting Center on May 21-24, 2026. There were approximately 344 registered shooters, I finished 5th in CO with 3rd Master and 24th overall. Welcome …
  • May 23, 2026
    Justin Shoots · Justin Shoots · 24 min · 9,041 views
    After doing the Bill Drill Challenge (10x in a row), I figured the perfect drill to follow is the classic El Presidente classifier. In this video, I run this stage 10x in a row with the goal of hitting 95% GM scores on e…
  • May 22, 2026
    MOD · MOD · 0 min · 113 views
    Commitment To The Craft!!! The committed shooter doesn’t chase perfection, they chase refinement. Every rep has purpose. Every mistake has instruction. Every session builds the subconscious performance they’ll rely o…
  • May 22, 2026
    MOD · MOD · 0 min · 736 views
    2026 Golden State Championship Welcome to 2 Alpha Performance, where performance is built through purposeful practice. I compete in the United States Practical Shooting Association (USPSA) Carry Optics division and am…
  • May 20, 2026
    MOD · MOD · 0 min · 1,171 views
    What Percentage Of Your Performance Is Mental? Welcome to 2 Alpha Performance, where performance is built through purposeful practice. I compete in the United States Practical Shooting Association (USPSA) Carry Optics …
  • May 18, 2026
    Alyssa Seymour · Alyssa Seymour · 0 min · 10,961 views
  • May 18, 2026
    MOD · MOD · 4 min · 91 views
    The Capitol Practical Shooters League (CAPSL) hosted their May USPSA match at the Sacramento Valley Shooting Center, located in Sloughhouse, CA. There were 77 registered shooters. I finished 2nd in carry optics division …
  • May 18, 2026
    MOD · MOD · 0 min · 1,157 views
    GM Self Assessment Framework. Did I leave the position the moment I saw the last acceptable sight picture? Welcome to 2 Alpha Performance, where performance is built through purposeful practice. I compete in the United…
  • May 16, 2026
    PCSL · BELT ANTHEM Read more
    THE FUTURE OF COMPETITION SHOOTING. NEWS & UPDATES Your club is already a perfect fit for PCSL if it currently runs a successful USPSA, IDPA, 3-Gun, or similar match. See below for information on rules, divisions, and sc…
  • May 16, 2026
    PCSL
    THE FUTURE OF COMPETITION SHOOTING. NEW Online Interactive Rulebook 2026 PCSL 2-GUN NATIONALS REGISTRATION NEWS & UPDATES May 16, 2026 BELT ANTHEM May 16, 2026 Read more → May 16, 2026 April 21, 2026 2026 …
  • May 15, 2026
    Athlon Outdoors · Mitch Eckler
    Athlon Outdoors Exclusive Firearm Updates, Reviews & News
  • May 15, 2026
    MOD · MOD · 2 min · 57 views
    The Sons of Action Pistol (SOAP) hosted their March USPSA match at the Sacramento Valley Shooting Center, located in Sloughhouse, CA. There were 135 registered shooters. I finished 2nd in the carry optics division and 5t…
  • May 15, 2026
    MOD · MOD · 0 min · 129 views
    What’s the difference between M and GM. GM Accepts the sight picture sooner. Welcome to 2 Alpha Performance, where performance is built through purposeful practice. I compete in the United States Practical Shooting A…
  • May 15, 2026
    MOD · MOD · 0 min · 1,755 views
    If I hesitate ➡️ I’m over confirming. If I miss ➡️ I’m early. Welcome to 2 Alpha Performance, where performance is built through purposeful practice. I compete in the United States Practical Shooting Association (USPSA…
  • May 14, 2026
    NROI
    USPSA/IPSC is a formally recognized sport that is about to celebrate it’s fiftieth birthday very soon (May 24, 1976). The earlier foundation sports from which it sprang go back well into the 60’s and perhaps beyond. As s…
  • May 13, 2026
    USPSA · USPSA Headquarters
    To the USPSA membership, USPSA crossed 45,000 members last month. Going from 15,000 to 45,000 over the past decade is a milestone the organization has been working toward for years, and it's been a privilege to support t…
  • May 12, 2026
    Shooting Sports USA · Alan H. Turner II
    Managing Director Alan Turner charts the next chapter for practical shooting—new tech, junior pathways and a club-rewards engine built to scale the sport.
  • May 12, 2026
    MOD · MOD · 0 min · 110 views
    Know the visual standard for the shot. See the acceptable picture, trust it, and send the round. Welcome to 2 Alpha Performance, where performance is built through purposeful practice. I compete in the United States Pr…
  • May 7, 2026
    Shooting Sports USA · SSUSA Staff
    The Atlanta coach and CZ Shadow 2 devotee joins one of practical shooting’s most established competitive rosters.
  • May 6, 2026
    theoutdoorwire.com
    CZ announced the addition of competitive shooter Deshaun Jenkins to its professional shooting team. Jenkins, a Grand Master in USPSA, has won multiple championships including the 2023 Atlanta Practical Shooting Champions…
  • May 5, 2026
    MOD · MOD · 4 min · 119 views
    El Dorado Practical Shooter (EDPS) hosted their May USPSA match. There were 46 registered shooters. I finished 5th in the carry optics division and 12 overall. Five stages varying from 26 to 35 rounds and a classifier…
  • May 5, 2026
    MOD · MOD · 0 min · 72 views
    Mental Errors Caused By Extra Effort. Welcome to 2 Alpha Performance, where performance is built through purposeful practice. I compete in the United States Practical Shooting Association (USPSA) Carry Optics divisio…
  • May 3, 2026
    TacticalGear.com · TacticalGear com
    This introductory guide lays out the fundamentals of International Defensive Pistol Association competition events. You’ll learn basic acronyms and terminology, which guns and equipment to use, how points and scoring wor…
  • May 1, 2026
    MOD · MOD · 0 min · 103 views
    These are some of the questions I tried to answer in our practice this week. 1) Where did I pause before shooting? 2) Where did I stay too long before leaving? 3) Where did I slow down because I cared ( steel, tight sh…
  • Apr 29, 2026
    AmmoLand · Duncan Johnson Editor
    Trump’s DOJ should repeal Biden-era ATF rules, end pistol brace and private-sale traps, make zero-tolerance repeal permanent, and destroy ATF’s backdoor gun registry.
  • Apr 29, 2026
    MOD · MOD · 2 min · 220 views
    The Northern California Practical Shooters hosted an April USPSA match at the Sacramento Valley Shooting Center, Sloughhouse, CA. There were 104 registered shooters. I finished 4th in the carry optics division and 7th ov…
  • Apr 29, 2026
    MOD · MOD · 0 min · 76 views
    The path of mastery is often times narrow and solitude…. Thousands of hours of unseen reps and thousands more to go… Welcome to 2 Alpha Performance, where performance is built through purposeful practice. I compete …
  • Apr 28, 2026
    MOD · MOD · 0 min · 2,711 views
    You’re not trying to become faster…You’re removing everything that slows you down!!! Welcome to 2 Alpha Performance, where performance is built through purposeful practice. I compete in the United States Practical Sho…
  • Apr 25, 2026
    MOD · MOD · 0 min · 165 views
    CAPSL Stage 1 Hard Times Overall Stage Win Welcome to 2 Alpha Performance, where performance is built through purposeful practice. I compete in the United States Practical Shooting Association (USPSA) Carry Optics div…
  • Apr 24, 2026
    theoutdoorwire.com
    Walther Arms Performance Division athletes achieved significant milestones using the PDP platform. Jay Beal earned Grand Master rank in USPSA Limited Optics and Open Division, while Buck Lawler won the North Texas Sectio…
  • Apr 24, 2026
    The Hit Factor Podcast · The Hit Factor Panel · 95 min
    Thanks for checking in with The Hit Factor Podcast, Hope you enjoy the show! Inquiries: thehitfactorpodcast@gmail.com The Hit Factor Community Pages: Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/the_hit_factor_podcast/ Facebook:…
  • Apr 23, 2026
    Tactical ToolBelt · Tactical ToolBelt · 1 min · 43 views
    08/30/2025 ---- "It’s official, Unclassified to Master Class in Limited Optic’s division, with my $600 Carry Optic’s Pistol the #CANiK Rival SFX 🔫 Stock trigger, stock internals, a glue’d on magwell & a burning desire …
  • Apr 22, 2026
    MOD · MOD · 0 min · 138 views
    Dot = Decision (Stopped, Streaking, Change of Color) #competitiveshooting Welcome to 2 Alpha Performance — where performance is built through purposeful practice. I compete in the United States Practical Shooting Asso…
  • Apr 14, 2026
    MOD · MOD · 46 min · 8,055 views
    Recently, I attended a comprehensive range training day with Joey Sauerland at the Richmond Gun Club. The session was highly effective and covered several essential disciplines, such as dry practice techniques, shooting …
  • Apr 14, 2026
    MOD · MOD · 0 min · 245 views
    Recently, I attended a comprehensive range training day with Joey Sauerland at the Richmond Gun Club. The session was highly effective and covered several essential disciplines, such as dry practice techniques, shooting …
  • Apr 13, 2026
    Recoil · David Lane
    The Hockey Star half-sister of the 2011 world, the Staccato HD P4.5 is here to kick ass and look good doing it.
  • Apr 13, 2026
    The Stage Brief · Double Tap Dynamics · 66 min
    On this weeks episode, we have Jay Slater on to discuss his work on the classifier committee, and the math behind the scenes of the sport. Jay does a lot of great work in the community, if you would like to support him a…
  • Apr 12, 2026
    MOD · MOD · 0 min · 160 views
    The hands execute what the eyes have already solved… Welcome to 2 Alpha Performance — where performance is built through purposeful practice. I compete in the United States Practical Shooting Association (USPSA) Carry …
  • Apr 9, 2026
    MOD · MOD · 0 min · 1,733 views
    If your eyes are searching, your hands hesitate. If your eyes are intentional, your performance becomes automatic. Vision drives everything. Welcome to 2 Alpha Performance — where performance is built through purposeful…
  • Apr 8, 2026
    MOD · MOD · 5 min · 399 views
    El Dorado Practical Shooter (EDPS) hosted their April USPSA match. There were 46 registered shooters. I finished 1st in the carry optics division and 3rd overall. Five stages varying from 26 to 37 rounds and a classif…
  • Apr 6, 2026
    usacarry.com · Luke McCoy
    Trusted concealed carry news, firearm laws, training tips, and self-defense education for responsible gun owners across America.
  • Apr 6, 2026
    MOD · MOD · 0 min · 2,677 views
    Bang and Clang 99-62 GM Run CO Welcome to 2 Alpha Performance — where performance is built through purposeful practice. I compete in the United States Practical Shooting Association (USPSA) Carry Optics division and a…
  • Apr 4, 2026
    IPSC
    CLASSIFIER STAGESGeneral Information: There are currently 28 Classifier Stages available, that are grouped into short and medium courses below. Match Classification For a Division to qualify for Match Classification: It …
  • Apr 3, 2026
    Safariland · Travis Pike
    The FBI Pistol Qual is a great way to practice your draw, reload, single-hand shooting skills, and break out of the 7-yard comfort zone.
  • Apr 3, 2026
    MOD · MOD · 0 min · 3,549 views
    How much visual information is needed to guarantee acceptable hits… Target Difficulty + Distance - Shooters Skill Level = Conformation Levels: Welcome to 2 Alpha Performance — where performance is built through purposef…
  • Apr 1, 2026
    MOD · MOD · 3 min · 108 views
    The Northern California Practical Shooters hosted a March USPSA match at the Sacramento Valley Shooting Center, Sloughhouse, CA. There were 134 registered shooters. I finished 4th in the carry optics division and 14th ov…
  • Mar 30, 2026
    MOD · MOD · 0 min · 3,441 views
    You Don’t Wait For It To Stop. You See It Pass Through Acceptable… And The Shot Breaks… Welcome to 2 Alpha Performance — where performance is built through purposeful practice. I compete in the United States Practical …
  • Mar 30, 2026
    The Stage Brief · Double Tap Dynamics · 73 min
    Josh, Dave and Tom talk about a recent match, classifiers and how they work and we take a deep dive into stage planning and how Dave plans for targets and stages
  • Mar 28, 2026
    Justin Shoots · Justin Shoots · 16 min · 6,280 views
    How important are USPSA Classifications? Do they matter at all? Should you ever focus on them? In this video I discuss my take on the classification system and where it should fall in your priority of training. Train w…